Match: 43 T20, IPL3
Venue: M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore
Date: April 10, 2010
Time: 8:00 pm
Toss: Royal Challengers elected to field.
Result: Royal Challengers won by 7 wickets
After wining the toss, Royal Challengers invited Kolkata Knight Riders to bat. Kolkata Knight Riders opened the innings with Saurav Ganguly and Christ Gayle. The duo again gave them a perfect start and scored 52 runs for first wicket partnership. After Gayle’ wicket, Ganguly and McCullum took on the RCB bowlers and scored 100 in the 11th over. Ganguly was soon out for 33 and this changed the whole game. The priced wicket of Ganguly opened the opportunity door for Royal Challengers and they came back very strongly. Kolkata Knight Riders middle order failed miserably and from 103/2 they were 155/9. The last 5 overs were totally in favor of Royal Challengers and they might even be responsible for winning or loosing. Kolkata Knight Riders could score only 36 runs in last 5 overs and lost 5 wickets to finally post a total of 160/9 in 20 overs.
Royal Challengers did a superb job in bowling and now it was the batsmen turn to show the class and win today’s match. Chasing 161 to win and move further close to the place in semi’s, Royal Challengers lost Kallis earlier but S Sriram and R Dravid then played well to take the team score past 50. Sriram was the next to get out after scoring 27 when the team score was 83/2 in 11.4 overs. Dravid scored a good 52 and was out after taking the team score to 102 in 13.2 overs. Royal Challengers needed 51 to win in last 6 overs and had 7 wickets in hand. Uthappa then unleashed and scored quick fire 52 runs off just 22 balls to take Royal Challangers to a 7 wickets victory.
* Kolkata Knight Riders: 50 runs in 4.6 overs, Extras 2
* Kolkata Knight Riders: 100 runs in 10.5 overs, Extras 9
* Kolkata Knight Riders: 150 runs in 18.5 overs, Extras 10
* Innings Break: Kolkata Knight Riders – 160/9 in 20.0 overs
* Royal Challengers Bangalore: 50 runs in 6.5 overs, Extras 3
* R Dravid: 50 off 33 balls (5 x 4, 2 x 6)
* Royal Challengers Bangalore: 100 runs in 12.5 overs, Extras 10
* Royal Challengers Bangalore: 150 runs in 16.3 overs, Extras 11
* RV Uthappa: 50 off 22 balls (3 x 4, 5 x 6)